- Steps to clean 315I Undercounter Icemaker
- How to clean a 315I ice maker
- How to clean out an Undercounter Ice Maker model 315I
- Part 7002609
Sub-Zero recommends cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces that come in contact with the water system every six months.
- 315I cleaner, part number 7002609, is not available through the online accessory store
- Cleaning solution for the 315I can only be purchased through a Factory Certified Parts Distributor.
To clean the 315I Ice Maker:
- Open the door and turn the ice maker control knob to OFF.
- Scoop out all of the ice and discard it or save it in an ice chest or cooler.
- Pour four ounces of Sub-Zero ice maker cleaner into the ice maker reservoir.
- Turn the ice maker control to ON, the cycle takes about two hours.
- After the cycle completes, pour hot water 95˚F–115˚F (35˚C–45˚C) into the ice storage bin to melt the white, frosty ice that formed.
- Mix some ice maker cleaner and hot water use it to scrub any mineral scale off the ice storage bin liner.
- Rinse the liner with hot water.
- Make a sanitizing solution one ounce of household bleach and two gallons of hot 95˚F–115˚F (35˚C–45˚C) water.
- Using the sanitizer, wipe the ice storage bin interior after the ice making system is clean and the ice storage bin is empty.
- Pour some of the sanitizer down the drain and allow it to air dry.
- Use a clean cloth and wipe the interior of the ice storage bin with the sanitizing solution.
- Replace the ice removed in step 2 if desired.
- Wash the ice scoop regularly with soap and water.
- See also:
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.